What is a Health Care Sharing Ministry ?
A health care sharing ministry (HCSM) provides a health care cost sharing arrangement among persons of similar and sincerely held beliefs. HCSMs are operated by not-for-profit religious organizations acting as a clearinghouse for those who have medical expenses and those who desire to share the burden of those medical expenses.
- HCSMs receive no funding or grants from government sources.
- HCSMs are not insurance companies. HCSMs do not assume any risk or guarantee the payment of any medical bill. Thirty states have explicitly recognized this and specifically exempt HCSMs from their insurance codes.
- HCSMs serve more than 625,000 people*, with participating households in all fifty states.
- HCSMs’ participants share more than $670 million per year* for one another’s health care costs.
- HCSMs strive to be accessible to participants regardless of their income, because traditionally shares are a fraction of the cost of insurance rates.
- Alliance of Health Care Sharing Ministries
Health Care Sharing Ministry Links
Recent media and news reports mention significant premium and deductible increases on the horizon. Health Care Sharing Ministries may be able to provide coverage for you and your family at a price that is more affordable than insurance. Feel free to check out the links below for additional information. Some of these organizations may require patients to be of a certain faith but some do not. Please take a look into their offerings which could provide you or your family the healthcare coverage you need at a more affordable price.
medical cost share
Liberty Direct is a program of liberty healthshare
alliance of healthcare sharing ministries
christian healthcare ministries
Healthcare Sharing Ministries Work Well With DPC Practices
Liberty Direct, for example, states in letters to their members First Member Letter and Second Member Letter the important role members and DPC physicians play as stewards of health and of the community’s financial resources.